Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is the most relaxing, delicious bowl. Chicken, veggies, seasoning, pre-made biscuits, and all of it is made creamy by the humble potato. This recipe of food category at Beech Blog, YUMMY!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 cups mirepoix (trio ingredients of carrot, celery, and onion – you can of 10 buy this pre-chopped in the produce or freezer section to save time)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large Russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3–4 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounce of refrigerated biscuits (about 6 biscuits), cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- optional: fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs for cooking, and fresh parsley for serving
- Put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and not the peas yet. Throw some fresh herbs in there if you have the – sage, thyme, etc. If not, don’t sweat! This is shortcut cooking. Make sure to turn on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for around 7-10 minutes.
- After almost about 10 minutes of waiting, use the “quick release” to let out the steam. Softly break apart the pieces of biscuits that got stuck together with two spoons or forks, the fork is recommended.
- Take the chicken out and shred it or chop it up. Add it back in with the peas. Taste, season, and serve!